NCTS (New Computerised Transit System)
The New Computerised Transit System (NCTS) is a European wide system, based upon electronic declaration and processing that was designed to replace the paper based CT system and to provide better management and control of both Community and Common Transit. It involves all EU Member States and the EFTA.
The NCTS in each country is connected through a central domain in Brussels, to all of the other countries. This provides links between some 3000 European customs offices and replaced the paper based system.
In order to connect on-line with NCTS, traders need the facility to generate electronic Transit messages, and the facility to send/receive these messages to/from the IRL - NCTS. Connected traders receive electronic responses advising of key decisions during the procedure, such as acceptance of declaration, release of goods, notification of discharge.
It is not be possible for Traders to interface directly with NCTS. They will simply be able to exchange defined structured messages with the system.
- NCTS Traders Guide - Guide to assist traders in the use of NCTS (PDF, 286KB)
- Transit Public Notice (PN No. 1187) (PDF, 149KB)
- Customs Office List (COL) - List of Customs Offices
- Transit Network Address Book - Contact Details of Transit Offices in all National Administrations (PDF)
NCTS - Technical Specifications
- Technical Interface Specification for IRL-NCTS (PDF, 481KB)
- Technical Interface Specification for IRL-NCTS - Appendices (PDF, 418KB)
NCTS - Contact Details for Helpdesk
Office of the Revenue Commissioners
Oifig na gCoimisineiri Ioncaim
An Rannan Custaim
An Brainse Custaim
Na hOifigi Rialtais
Co. Thiobraid Arann
Phone Number: 00-353-67- 63206/63208/63209
Fax Number: 00-353-67-63397
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org