Claim tax relief on a vehicle for drivers/passengers with a disability
What is the tax relief service for drivers and passengers with disabilities?
This is an online service that for drivers and passengers with disabilities to apply for a refund of Value-Added Tax (VAT) and Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) on the purchase of an adapted vehicle.
You can also apply for a fuel grant and an exemption from Motor Tax for that vehicle.
You may make an application for the following vehicle types:
- new vehicle
- used vehicle
- imported vehicle (used vehicle not previously registered in the State).
Who is the service for?
This service is for persons severely and permanently disabled and holding a Primary Medical Certificate.
What you need to use the service
You will need the following information:
- Personal Public Service Number (PPSN)
- Primary Medical Certificate.
- PPSN of Primary Medical Certificate holder.
How to access the service to claim tax relief
If you are a myAccount registered customer, this service is available by clicking 'Drivers and Passengers with Disabilities' on the 'Vehicle Services' card.
If you are a ROS-registered customer, this service is available by following these steps:
- Click on the 'Other-Services’ section.
- Select the ‘Drivers and Passengers with Disabilities’ tab.
- Click on 'Claim tax relief on a vehicle to be purchased for use by Qualifying Organisations (DDO)'.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.