File a Mineral Oil Tax (MOT) warehouse return
What is the MOT warehouse return service?
This service enables warehouse keepers to complete monthly Mineral Oil Tax (MOT) returns online. The due date for a return is the 15th of the month following that in which the liability to MOT arises.
What you need to use the service
You will need the following information to use the service:
- outstanding filing period
- name and number of each warehouse
- products that the warehouse dealt with
For each product you will need:
- the opening balance
- the closing balance
- details on inward movements (imported, duty suspended inwards, produced, stock gains and from operations)
- details on outward movements (exported, MOT remission, duty suspended outwards, stock losses, home consumption, pure biofuel volume and carbon charge remission).
How to access the service
If you are a ROS-registered customer, this service is available by following these steps:
- click on the 'My Services' section from the ROS main menu
- in the ‘File a return’ section, select the return type of ‘MOT’ and ‘Warehouse Return’.