Manage your tax for the current year - PAYE customers
What is the manage your tax service?
This is a service that provides a quick, secure and convenient method for you to manage your taxes for the current tax year.
Learn more about this in our Jobs and pensions section.
Who is the service for?
This service is for individuals who pay tax under the PAYE system. You can do the following transactions for you and your civil partner or spouse, if applicable:
- View your tax record for the current year. This includes, what tax credits you are in receipt of and what incomes (employment and pensions) are on record for you.
- View your Universal Social Charge (USC) position.
- View your latest tax credit certificate.
- Claim a wide range of tax credits.
- Declare additional income, including Department of Social Protection (DSP) payments.
- Update your USC position. For example, you may need to remove a USC exemption marker on our records.
- View how your tax credits and rate bands have been divided between yourself and your spouse or civil partner.
Divide your tax credits and rate bands
When updating your records, you can input details of your estimated gross annual income for each of your jobs or pensions. This can be done for you and your spouse or civil partner. It will help us to ensure that your tax credits and rate bands are divided appropriately across your different jobs or pensions. We can then calculate the best way to divide your tax credits and rate bands ensuring that you pay the right amount of tax at the right time.
You can opt to divide the tax credits and rate bands in a different way. There is a facility in 'Manage your tax' in PAYE Services myAccount that will allow you to do this.
Where you cannot estimate the income, you will be asked which of your jobs or pensions is the main earner. For example, if you have more than one employment you will be asked to state which is your highest paid job. If you then make any updates to your tax record, these updates will be made against this job or pension.
How to access the service
If you are registered for myAccount, you can access this service by following these steps:
- click on the 'Manage your Tax' link in PAYE Services.
If you are registered for ROS, you can access this service by following these steps:
- click on the 'PAYE Current Year' tab from the 'Other Services' tab.