Accessing your Local Property Tax (LPT)
What is the LPT service?
LPT is an annual self-assessed tax charged on the market value of residential properties in the State. This service allows you to file and pay your LPT and Household Charge arrears online.
Who is the service for?
This service is suitable for you if you:
- own a residential property in Ireland
- are an agent or individual acting on behalf of the owner of a property in Ireland.
What you need to use this service
You will need to have the liable person's Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) or tax reference number (TRN), the property ID number and the property PIN to access the LPT online.
How to request a Property ID and PIN for an existing property
Go to the Sign in to LPT and follow these steps:
- enter the liable person’s PPSN or tax reference number
- in the “Request a Property ID and PIN” section click the “click here” button
- enter the CAPTCHA on the next screen and click “Submit”.
When you have the property ID and the PIN, combine these numbers with the PPSN or tax reference number to access the LPT online service.