View and complete a prepopulated Income Tax return
Can you view and complete a prepopulated Income Tax return?
Yes, you can view and complete a prepopulated Income Tax return (either Form 11 or Form 12) online. A prepopulated Form 12 is available if you are a PAYE taxpayer and are reviewing your tax in myAccount. A prepopulated Form 11 is available if you are a self assessed taxpayer registered for ROS.
The information that may be prepopulated on income tax returns include:
- data on pay, tax paid and USC paid from employers’ P35 returns
- pension and benefit payments from the Department of Social Protection
- information on health expenses uploaded by customers on the RevApp
- RCT data on gross payments and credit for those involved in the construction sector.
Who is the service for?
You can use this service if you want to complete a Form 11 or Form 12 with certain details already included.
What you need to use the service
To use this service you need the following personal details:
- Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) and date of birth of your spouse or civil partner (if applicable)
- Income, and
- tax credits, allowances, reliefs.
Depending on your circumstances and how they have changed from previous years, you may also need details about:
- rental income
- foreign income
- income from fees, covenants, distributions
- exempt income
- annual payments, charges and interest paid
- health expenses
- high earner's restriction
- capital gains and
- property based incentives.
Filing a Form 11 income tax return also requires your self-assessment.
How to access the service
If you are registered for myAccount, you can file a Form 12 by following these steps:
- click on 'Review your tax'
- select the relevant tax year.
If you are registered for ROS you can file a prepopulated Form 11 by following these steps:
- Sign in to ROS and go to the 'My Services' section
- In the 'File a Return' section, select the return type of 'Income Tax' and 'Form 11'.
If a prepopulated form is available, you will be given the option to open that form.
You can save your prepopulated income tax return (either Form 11 or Form 12) and submit it later, or you can complete and submit it in a single session.