E-registration is a Revenue initiative to enable Agents and Customers who have registered with ROS or PAYE Anytime to manage their Revenue registrations online. Introduced in 2009, it was significantly enhanced in 2012, and it now represents a comprehensive alternative to paper-based correspondence.
While a paper application is still required in a limited number of registration transactions, all paper applications received which could otherwise be completed online will be returned to the agent with a request that the transaction be dealt with online.
Who may access Revenue eRegistration Services?
Tax registrations may be managed online by any of the following:
- Individuals who are registered for PAYE Anytime;
- Individuals who are registered for Revenue’s Online Service – ROS;
- Agents who are registered for Revenue’s Online Service.
Please note that access to eRegistration is restricted or unavailable to certain applicants – outlined below. Applicants in these categories should continue to submit paper applications to their local Revenue District Office.
- Individuals who are not registered for our ROS/PAYE Anytime service
- Non-assessable spouses
- Where a non-resident director exists
- Unincorporated Bodies/Non-Profit Organisations e.g Schools, Boards of Management, Charities
- Collection Agents
- VAT/RCT Re-registrations
To assist you should you have any queries on the eRegistration system, some common questions on the operation of the system are available in the eRegistration FAQs.