myAccount – a new way to pay your taxes online for Revenue customers
Revenue has developed a new secure online payments facility, via myAccount that enables a customer to make a Tax, Interest and Penalty payment. It is also possible to pay on foot of Notices of Attachment and Audit Payments.
To make a payment click 'Payments' on the myAccount home page.
There are five distinct payments types that can be paid online using myAccount.
- Tax- Customers can select this option to pay 23 separate taxes (See Table A)
- Interest - Customers should select this option to make any interest payment.
- Penalty – Customer should select this option to make any penalty related payment, for example Audit or Non-Filer.
- Attachment – Customers can use this option to pay a ‘third party’ debt that has arisen on foot of a Notice of Attachment from Revenue.
- Audit – Customers can use this option to pay tax liabilities that have arisen on foot of a Revenue audit and where the exact tax/periods is not yet fully agreed with the Auditor. Once the Audit is concluded/agreed the system will reallocate the amounts accordingly.
Note: Each of the five payment types must be completed and paid separately. For the tax, interest, and penalties payment types it is possible to make a number of payments in one transaction. The payments will stack up in a 'shopping cart' type format and the customer will be able to remove any individual transactions if required before completing the process.
Payment on myAccount can be made using:
- a debit card
- a credit card, or
- a once-off debit – a 'Single Debit Instruction' – using a bank account (confirm with your bank if Direct Debits are allowed)
Customers have a facility on the home page of myAccount to view their payments history. It will list all the payments that have been made by date, payment type and amount.
myAccount payments helpline
The Collector-General’s helpline that will assist with myAccount payment only enquires is 1890 -226336.
You can pay a tax online on myAccount in five easy steps
- Step 1 - Go to Revenue's home page. Click the myAccount link at the top of the page and log in. Click 'Pay Now' on the 'Payments' screen.
- Step 2 – Click 'Add payment' and you will be asked – ‘What type of payment are you making’ – the drop down menu is set on tax.
- Step 3 - Select the tax you wish to pay by clicking 'Add payment'. Enter the details requested on the payment screen.
- Step 4 - You will now be asked 'How do you wish to pay'. Select your preferred payment method and enter the relevant details including your email address if you wish to receive a payment confirmation.
- Step 5 - Once your payment is complete you will receive a payment reference number.
- Betting Duty
- Capital Acquisitions Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Deposit Interest Retention Tax
- Domicile levy
- Electricity Tax
- Encashment tax
- Environmental Levy
- Film Withholding Tax
- Income Tax
- Investment Undertakings Tax
- Natural Gas Carbon Tax
- PAYE Employee
- PAYE Employer(PREM)
- Pension Tax
- Professional Services Withholding Tax
- Relevant Tax Share Option
- Solid Fuel Carbon Tax
- Stamp Duty Financial Services (SDFS)
- Stamp Duty Insurance Levies (SD Insurance)
- Value Added Tax
- Ancillary State Support Scheme (Fair Deal)
- Compromise Settlements - MGO
- TRS Overpayments