Important Message - Withdrawal of Revenue’s Secure eMail system.
With effect from 13 June 2015 Revenue’s Secure eMail system is being withdrawn and will be replaced on 15 June 2015 by a new secure facility called ‘MyEnquiries’.
When this change takes effect, all references to Secure eMail on Revenue’s website will change to MyEnquiries. However, existing Secure eMail users can continue to log on the new system using their existing Secure eMail login ( i.e. email address and password) , make enquiries on a range of subjects, supported by dropdown lists of categories, and submit them in a secure format to Revenue.
Some important points:
- If you have saved the Secure Email path as a favourite this will need to be updated for MyEnquiries.
- If you need to retain any Revenue replies received via Secure eMail you should save these emails to another location. Revenue will facilitate this exercise by allowing customers access these historic emails for a limited period after the changeover to MyEnquiries.
Further information regarding the changeover to MyEnquiries will be updated to our website over the coming weeks.
The Revenue Commissioners have implemented a system to securely send and receive e-mail messages. This system is particularly relevant to those persons wishing to submit queries to the new Revenue Technical Service (RTS).
We strongly recommend using the secure e-mail system to communicate with the RTS as this is the quickest and most convenient channel to use.
- Registration Procedures
- Sending secure messages to, and receiving secure messages from, Revenue
- Opening old Secure Emails
You must be registered (enrolled) to use the system. You can do so by filling in the registration form.
Details required are:
- Email address (this could be an individual or a group email address)
- First Name
- Contact Telephone Number
- Tax Type
- Tax Number
- Select a Forgot Password Question
- Provide a Forgot Password Answer
Your password (personal or generated for a group registration), which will enable you to use the secure email system, will be issued within three working days by ordinary post to you at the address that we have on record for your firm or business. Please note that the Tax number that you enter on the registration form is used to generate the address to which we will send your password.
Once you receive your personal password you will be able to use the secure email system.
"Whitelisting" of Revenue Technical Service secure email addresses
In order to ensure that confidential data sent to the RTS Queries Management Officers is sent by way of secure email, Revenue restricted access to the secure RTS email addresses to customers who had registered for secure email. If you wish to send a query by email to any of the RTS secure email addresses, you must first be enrolled for secure email. If not, you will receive a delivery failure notification as follows:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.
Sending a secure message to Revenue
Log into the Secure Email System at:
The screen below is returned for completion
The secure email addresses for the Revenue Technical Service are included in Appendix B of the Guidelines on Revenue's Service to Practitioners and Business Taxpayers (PDF, 705KB).
Having completed the two mandatory fields, click the 'Login' button.
The following screen is returned
Compose your email by entering:
- the email address of the Revenue Official/Revenue Group in the 'To:' box, and the ‘Cc:’ and ‘Bcc:’ where required.
- the subject of the email in the ‘Subject:’ bar.
- an attachment if required. (A Secure Email has a limit of 10MB in size)
- the text of your message in the 'Message:' box.
- tick the ‘Send me a read receipt when a recipient has open this email’ if you require a read receipt. By default this is unselected.
Click on 'Send' to send and encrypt the email.
After the secure email message has been sent (submitted), users will receive an acknowledgement from the Revenue website that a secure email was sent. Users should also note that a copy of the email that has been sent by secure mail will be copied to your own inbox, however, it may take a short while for the message to appear in your inbox.
Replying to a secure email message received from Revenue.
A secure email message can also be sent to Revenue by using the 'Secure Reply' or 'Secure Reply to All' button in an encrypted message received from a Revenue official.
Attachments can also be included when using Secure Email in this way.
Browse to the attachment on your computer system. Click the 'Add' button.
The file name for the attachment will be displayed in the 'Current Attachments' box on screen.
Once all attachments have been added click on the ‘Done’ button.
Users also have an option to remove attachments. Highlight the attachment and click the 'Remove' button.
To send and encrypt the email (including any attachments) click on the 'Send' button
Receiving a secure message from Revenue
When a Revenue Official sends you a secure message you will receive an e-mail (similar to that below) containing a secure document.
To read the document, open the attachment as instructed in the e-mail.
The following screen is returned
Enter your password and click the 'Open' button.
The secure document will then open in a separate browser window (as below).
If you want to open the attachment of an email from the old Secure Email system please try the following steps in order
- Click on the ‘Open’ button and use your original password. (This will be the password that was posted out to you from Revenue when you first registered)
- Click on the ‘Open Online’ and use your original password.
- If you are still unable to open the attachment please forward the email to email@example.com
Any queries on the enrolment process, on obtaining a password, on how to send secure emails or general queries regarding the secure email system may be sent by "normal" email to firstname.lastname@example.org