Moving to Ireland
The purpose of this information is to provide a simple guide to the Irish tax system for people who are moving to Ireland for the first time. It aims to answer many of the questions, which arise, when an individual is considering such a move and also provides information on the tax system, which can be referred to, as and when required.
For your convenience this guide is broken into separate sections, so that you need only concern yourself with matters relating to your own personal circumstances.
- Personal Taxation - Getting started - Working for an employer
- Personal Taxation - Getting Started - Working as a self-employed individual
- Buying/Renting a House/Apartment in Ireland
- Tax Residence
- Remuneration Packages
- Brief overview of the various taxes payable in Ireland
- Sample list of Tax Credits
- Pension contribution - Migrant members relief
- List of Revenue Offices and other Useful Addresses
Note that the rate charged for the use of 1890 (LoCall) numbers mentioned in this guide may vary among different providers.