Revenue eBrief No. 18/09
24 March 2009
Corporation Tax Assessing System migrates to Revenue's Integrated Taxation System (ITS)
With effect from Monday 30 March, the Corporation Tax Assessing System will be incorporated into the Integrated Taxation System (ITS). This follows on from the release of the Income Tax Assessing System in 2008.
The incorporation of the Income Tax and Corporation Tax Assessing Systems into ITS will be a major milestone for Revenue in achieving a fully integrated assessing and collection system.
- Customer Service staff will now have all Corporation Tax Assessing and Collection data available within the one system, facilitating faster responses to customer queries.
- The Notice of Assessment will be presented in a new and improved format, similar to that already in place for Income Tax, incorporating a covering letter, summary calculation information and a fully detailed Notice of Assessment.
- The system will support the production of Notices of Assessment on a much more frequent basis.
- Assessment Notice and Return of Income Form will be viewable on screen by staff in the same format as the customer.
- An enhancement to the existing offsetting rules has been provided to prevent a tax credit for VAT or PAYE/PRSI, for example, being prematurely offset against Corporation Tax liability on foot of an assessment where a ROS Debit Instruction has been set up to cover the balance.