Revenue fully respects your right to privacy in relation to your interactions with this website.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Revenue does not collect any personal information on this website unless you provide such information voluntarily.
We take every precaution to protect the confidentiality of your personal information in accordance with Data Protection legislation, Electronic Communications legislation and Revenue policy. Any information you provide to us in the course of your business with us is not shared with third parties unless allowed or required by law.
Collection of Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses.
We record certain technical details in connection with visits to this website. These details are used for a number of purposes including administering the site, analysing trends and gathering statistics.
The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- the IP address assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider.
- the top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded).
- the type of web browser used by the website visitor.
- the version of the operating system used by the visitor.
Revenue does not link technical details collected in connection with visits to revenue.ie with your tax data
Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application. Your web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome) then sends these cookies back to the website or application on each subsequent visit so that they can recognise you and remember things like user preferences.
By not clicking "I accept cookies from this site", you will continue to see the cookie notification banner but will be able to access and use the site fully.
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Purpose||More Information|
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users||Overview of privacy at Google|
|_gat||10 minutes||Used to throttle request rate|
|QSI_HistorySession||Same day||Local cookie to capture survey response||Overview of privacy at Qualtrics|
Managing cookies in your browser
We have supplied links to several of the more popular browsers for procedures on how to view and disable cookies.
- Google Chrome Browser
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Browser
- Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Apple Safari Browser
- Opera Web Browser
Usage of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Usage of Qualtrics
This website uses Qualtrics, a customer experience tool provided by Qualtrics, LLC. ("Qualtrics").
Qualtrics will be used to present a survey form on a select number of pages on the website. Only users who have accepted cookies will see a survey form. When the user visits a page that has a survey form, a temporary local cookie will be set. If the user completes the survey, the cookie will be used to capture the response which is encrypted (including the survey ID, intercept ID, date and time) and the information will be transmitted to and stored by Qualtrics. No personally identifiable information is collected.
LPT online service
ROS and PAYE Anytime
The Revenue website contains links to other sites. Revenue is not responsible for the privacy standards of other websites. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave the Revenue website. This privacy statement applies solely to www.revenue.ie.
Notification of Changes to this Statement
Revenue reserves the right to amend this statement at any future date and will post any substantive changes here.
20 February 2017
29 September 2015
- Collection of Internet Protocol Addresses section replaced with an expanded Collection and use of technical information section which includes more detail.
- Addition of reference to myAccount Online Service.
29th June 2013
- Collection of IP Addresses section edited to remove the statement that IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. This is to facilitate anti-fraud measures.
10th March 2013
- Addition of reference to LPT Online Service.
27th May 2011
11th September 2009
26th February 2009
- Some duplicate content removed.
- Links section edited to clarify applicability to www.revenue.ie only.
- Phishing section moved to separate Security page.