IN THIS SECTION
Taxes & Duties
Research & Development
- A 25% tax credit for qualifying Research and Development expenditure exists for
companies engaged in in-house qualifying research and development undertaken within the
European Economic Area.
- This credit may be set against a company's Corporation Tax liability.
- The tax credit is available on a group basis in the case of group companies
- See Revenue's publication Revenue Guidelines for
Research & Development Tax Credit (PDF, 1.08MB) for further information.
- The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Innovation has made Regulations for the
purposes of providing detailed guidance on what activities constitute R&D activities for
the purposes of the tax credit.
Print this page