New Monthly Return of Oil Movements (ROM1)
A new Monthly Return of Oil Movements (ROM1) will be introduced from 1 January 2013. The return will require mandatory e-filing by all authorised warehousekeepers, distributors and forecourt retailers in respect of each Licence held, showing:
- Opening Balance by product type,
- Closing Balance by product type,
- Each inward movement by product type, date, quantity, invoice, supplier (quoting Licence ref / VAT number),
- Each outward movement by product type, date, quantity, invoice, customer (quoting Licence ref / VAT number); aggregate details for forecourt sales,
- Aggregate sales by oil product type for domestic customers and commercial customers who receive less than 2,000 litres per month and who are not required to be licensed,
The Monthly Return of Oil Movements (ROM1) must be submitted through Revenue’s On-line Service (ROS). Options available to traders for submission of ROM1 will be ROS on-line; ROS off-line or using in-house software that complies with Revenue schema. Revenue is working with companies which provide software systems to the trade in relation to the necessary technical specifications.
Revenue On-Line Service (ROS) Registration
The Monthly Return of Oil Movements (ROM1) must be submitted through Revenue’s On-line Service (ROS).
All Licence holders must be registered for ROS prior to 1st January 2013, except where a ROS registered agent will undertake the monthly reporting requirements on behalf of the Licence holder.
Full details on ROS registration are available on the ROS section of the website. If assistance with the ROS registration is required, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the ROS Helpdesk at 1890 201 106.
Revenue Schema for ROM1 Return
Please refer to the ROS Developer Help Centre.
You can get further information on the new licensing and reporting requirements by contacting us.