"Forestry operations" means operations of any of the following descriptions:
- The thinning, lopping or felling of trees in woods, forests or other plantations;
- With effect from 6th October 1997, the planting of trees in woods, forests or other plantations;
- With effect from 6th October 1997 the maintenance of woods, forests and plantations and the preparation of land, including woods or forests which have been harvested, for planting;
- The haulage or removal of thinned, lopped or felled trees;
- The processing (including cutting or preserving) of wood from thinned, lopped or felled trees in sawmills or other like premises;
- The haulage for hire of materials, machinery or plant for use, whether used or not, in any of the operations referred to in paragraphs (a) to (e).