Binding Tariff Information (BTI)
Rules for obtaining Binding Tariff Information (BTI)
The following rules must be followed when obtaining a BTI:
- You should only apply for BTI if you plan an import or export operation.
- A BTI is only binding for imports or exports after the BTI's start of validity.
- An application must be in respect of only one type of product.
- Information you supply to obtain BTI will be stored on a database of the Commission of the European Union. Customs authorities throughout the Union may use this information to ensure uniform application of the customs tariff.
- If you disagree with the classification given on the BTI, you may appeal the decision.
Next: How to apply for Binding Tariff Information (BTI)