Tax clearance for charities

Your charity will need a Tax Clearance Certificate if you wish to apply for:

Certain other licences include authorisation required under the Consumer Credit Act 1995 and Criminal Justice Legal Aid.

How to apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate

If your charity is registered in the State, you should apply through the electronic Tax Clearance (eTC) system in:


If your charity is non-resident and not registered for tax in the State, you are required to complete Form TC1. The form must be submitted to the Non-Residents Unit of the Collector-General's Division.