Tax relief on donations to certain sporting bodies


If you are an approved sports body and you have an approved project with the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport (DTTAS), you may be able to claim tax relief on donations made to your organisation. The donations must be at least €250 in the year.

The details of what an approved sports body and approved project are explained in this section. You will also find the details of who can claim the relief and how this can be done.

Next: What is an approved sports body?