Solid Fuel Carbon Tax (SFCT)
Accounts and records relevant to Solid Fuel Carbon Tax (SFCT) must be kept for a period of six years. They may be kept in an electronic format, provided they can be produced as required in printed form.
Records to be retained include:
- documents including invoices, delivery and purchase orders, stock records, declarations relating to tax-free and tax-relieved supplies and so on
- accounts, or any other related information, including information stored by electronic means in any form.
Any manufacturer who receives a tax-free solid fuel supply for use as raw material in manufacturing must also maintain adequate records. Records relevant to that supply include:
- a copy of the declaration provided to the supplier
- a description of the manufacturing process for each solid fuel product
- the effects of the manufacturing process on the characteristics of the solid fuel used to manufacture the solid fuel product.