Methylated Spirits Retailer's Licence
The holder of this licence is allowed to retail methylated subject to the following conditions:
- A person licensed as a retailer of methylated spirits shall not hold a quantity greater than 800 litres.
- Sales must be made in closed vessels.
- They shall not retail to any one person at any one time a quantity greater than 20 litres.
- Traders are required to keep a stock book for inspection by Revenue and An Garda Síochána. Details should include the name or address of the purchaser with the quantity, purpose and date of sale.
Revenue cannot grant this licence to any of the following:
- a distiller
- a rectifier
- a person licensed to retail beer, spirits, wine, or sweets for consumption on the premises.
The licensing period is from 1 October to 30 September.
This licence will expire on 30 September each year, regardless of the issue date.
The cost of this licence is €12 each year.
Next: First application for a Methylated Spirits Licence