Methylated Spirits Retailer's Licence
The holder of this licence is allowed to retail methylated subject to the following conditions:
- Stock should not exceed 18.5 litres at any time.
- Sales must be made in closed vessels.
- Sale or supply should not exceed 18.5 litres to any one customer.
- Traders are required to keep a stock book for inspection by Revenue and An Garda Síochána. Details should include name or address of purchaser with the quantity, purpose and date of sale.
Revenue cannot grant this licence to any of the following:
- a distiller
- a rectifier
- a person licensed to retail beer, spirits, wine, or sweets for consumption on the premises.
The licensing period is from 1 October to 30 September.
This licence will expire on 30 September each year regardless of the issue date.
The cost of this licence is €12.00 each year.
Next: First application for a Methylated Spirits Licence