Complaints under the Disability Act 2005

Making a complaint

A complaint may be made by a person, or through his or her:

  • spouse, partner, parent or relative
  • guardian or a person acting in loco parentis to that person
  • legal representative
  • personal advocate, assigned by the Citizens Information Board to represent that person
  • by another person advocating on behalf of that person with his or her consent.

A complaint must be made in writing, which can include fax or e-mail. It should provide all contact details for the person making the complaint.

The complaint should state that it is a complaint under Section 38 of the Disability Act 2005. It should, set out as clearly as possible the grounds for the complaint regarding the failure of Revenue to provide access under Sections 25 to 28 of the Act.

The complaint must be made to:

The Customer Services Manager
Planning Division
First Floor
Bishop’s Square
Redmond’s Hill
Dublin 2
D02 TD99.


Next: Investigating a complaint