Data protection policy in Revenue
Confidentiality on the Revenue website
We fully respect your right to privacy in relation to your use of our website .
We have a legal duty to protect the confidentiality of taxpayer information. Your personal data will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality. This is strictly in accordance with:
- national data protection and electronic communications legislation
- Revenue policy
- applicable European Union (EU) directives.
When you register for our online services and submit sensitive information such as required in a tax return, the information is:
- encrypted to protect confidentiality
- transmitted with a Digital Certificate in the case of Revenue Online Service (ROS)
- protected according to industry best practice.
Revenue’s Privacy Statement contains further information on issues such as the:
- registration for online services
- collection of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses
- usage of Google analytics
- usage of Qualtrics.
Next: Security on the Revenue website