Customs advice for truck drivers using Irish ports
Get your channel on arrival
When you are on the ferry and before you arrive in Ireland (30 minutes prior to docking) check whether:
- you are free to leave the port on arrival
- if you must call to customs.
What you need
- Truck registration number
- trailer identification number (where goods arrive in an unaccompanied trailer).
To check your channel
Go to: www.revenue.ie/roro
- Enter the truck registration of the vehicle you wish to verify
- Select the scheduled date of arrival
- Select the relevant ship the vehicle is travelling on
- Click on 'Get my channel' and you will see your channel information.
Follow the signs directing you straight out of the port. There is no need to call to customs.
You must follow the relevant signs directing you to the customs parking area.
For trucks moving under normal transit (T1 and T2) - You must follow the signs directing you to the transit clearing area.
For trucks that require a seal check - You must follow the signs directing you to the seal checks area.
If you are carrying live animals, you must follow the signs directing you to the dedicated live animals checking compound.
Before you enter your details, this is the screen you will see:
This is an example of the screen with details entered:
Examples of a green and red routing:
Next: Outbound to or through the United Kingdom (UK)