Customs advice for truck drivers using Irish ports

  1. Overview
  2. Inbound to Ireland
  3. Get your channel on arrival
  4. Outbound to or through the United Kingdom (UK)
  5. Urgent queries

Outbound to or through the United Kingdom (UK)

What you need

  • No customs declaration is required for empty loads or goods moving under an ATA carnet.
  • You must have a Master Reference Number (MRN) for at least one of the following:
    • Customs export declaration
    • Transit declaration (TAD).

The relevant MRNs will be provided to you by your employer or business for whom you are moving the goods. 


If you do not have the appropriate documentation you will not be allowed to board the ferry and you will experience delays.

Next: Urgent queries