Travelling from within the EU
Prohibited or restricted goods in baggage
Some goods are prohibited, while others are subject to restrictions. If you have any of the following goods, you must declare them to a customs officer:
- domestic cats or dogs
- illegal or dangerous drugs
- indecent or obscene goods
- certain foodstuffs (mainly meat, milk, fish or products thereof)
- products of endangered species
- protected items of international heritage
- firearms, weapons, fireworks or explosives
- live or dead animals, fish, birds or plants.
For further information see Revenue's full list of prohibitions and restrictions, or contact a customs officer at any port or airport.
Next: Customs controls on arrival at the airport or port