Buying goods online for personal use
How to claim a refund of Customs Duty and Value-Added Tax (VAT)
You may claim a refund of the customs charges paid, if the goods you bought have been returned to the seller. You should apply in writing for a refund to the import station or mail centre where the goods arrived. For example, you should apply to:
You cannot claim a refund until after payment of the duty.
Your application should contain the following:
- your full name and address
- the reason for your refund request, for example, returns or replacements
- proof of payment of Customs Duties and VAT
- a copy of the invoice, and any other relevant documents
- proof that the goods were returned, for example, an email from the seller stating that the goods have been returned
- proof of a refund to your bank or credit card account.
Revenue will process your application and inform you of their decision.
If you require further information, you can contact customs.