Calculating your Income Tax


To calculate your Income Tax (IT), you will need to understand how tax credits and rate bands work.

This section explains:

  • tax credits and rate bands
  • your Tax Credit Certificate 
  • how to work out your tax.

Relief from Universal Social Charge (USC) is given for certain trading losses and capital allowances but not for employee pension contributions.

Next: What is gross pay and taxable pay?