PAYE Modernisation for employees

Changes when you start and leave a job

What happens when I start a new job?

Your new employer will notify Revenue of your start date, this will:

  • create a new employment record with Revenue
  • allow your employer access to up to date credits and rate bands for you.

If it is your first job in Ireland, you must register it through ‘Jobs and Pensions’ in myAccount.

What happens when I leave a job?

When you leave an employment after 31 December 2018, your employer will no longer issue you with a Form P45. They must enter your leaving date when submitting details of your final pay and deductions to Revenue.

From 1 January 2019, you can view details of your ceased employment in myAccount. This is done through the Manage your tax service, which includes your pay and tax details. There is a facility to print these employment details if required.


The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection no longer require a P45 for claims.

Next: What effect does this have on emergency tax?