PAYE Modernisation for employees

View your pay and tax details

There is no change to how your employer pays you. They will provide you with a payslip and deduct:

However, your employer now uses a Revenue Payroll Notification when calculating your pay and deductions. They must also report these deductions to Revenue every time you are paid.

You can now view your pay and Income Tax deductions reported by your employer to Revenue through the ‘Manage your tax’ link in myAccount

myAccount enables you to:

  • view the latest information sent to us
  • ensure that tax, PRSI, USC and LPT have been deducted from your pay by your employer or pension provider
  • ensure these deductions are being correctly reported to Revenue.

The information reported to Revenue by your employer does not include non-statutory deductions, such as union subscriptions or payments to your credit union. Therefore, these deductions are not available to view in myAccount.

A step by step video on how to view your pay and tax details through myAccount.

What to do if you cannot view your payroll information?

Once your employer or pension provider has submitted your payroll information to Revenue, you should be able to view this information in myAccount

You must provide your employer or pension provider with your Personal Public Service Number (PPSN). If you do not, you will be unable to view the payroll information reported by your employer to Revenue.

If you have provided your employer with your PPSN but your payroll information is not available in myAccount, you should contact your employer to confirm they have:

  • registered your employment with Revenue
  • and
  • reported your payroll information to Revenue.

If, after speaking to your employer or pension provider, your payroll information is still unavailable, you can submit an enquiry to Revenue through MyEnquiries.

The MyEnquiries facility is available in myAccount. To submit an enquiry, select the category ‘PAYE (Pay As You Earn) employee/pensioner - Other’ and the sub category ‘Employee Payroll Reporting - Compliance’.

Next: Changes when you start and leave a job