Separation, divorce, dissolution of civil partnership and civil annulment


If you and your spouse or civil partner separate on a permanent basis, tax issues may arise.

You should notify your Revenue office as soon as possible if you:

  • separate
  • divorce
  • dissolve your civil partnership
  • have your marriage annulled.

If you are legally separated, you should provide the following details:

  • the date of separation
  • a copy of the legal separation, divorce or dissolution documents
  • any court orders made in relation to maintenance payments.

If you are not legally separated, you should provide the following:

If you have children, you may wish to apply for the Single Person Child Carer Credit (SPCCC).

Next: Year of separation, divorce or dissolution of civil partnership