Submit a claim for the Charities VAT Compensation Scheme
This online service is for charities wishing to submit a claim under the Charities VAT Compensation Scheme.
You can access this service through the Revenue Online Service (ROS).
The scheme allows charities to claim a refund of a proportion of VAT paid based on the level of non-public funding received.
Further information on the conditions of the scheme can be found at Charities Vat Compensation Scheme.
You will need a valid tax clearance certificate to submit a claim.
Submitting a claim
You can submit a claim for VAT Compensation Scheme as follows:
- log into ROS
- on My Services Tab scroll to bottom of page
- under Other Services select 'eRepayment claims'
- select tax 'VAT - Value-added Tax' and 'Continue'
- select claim type 'Charities Vat Compensation’ and ‘Continue’
- review requirements in 'Overview' and select 'Continue'
- select 'Claim details' will open, complete all fields and 'Continue'
- attach any required supporting documentation and 'Continue'
- 'Bank Details' will open, input bank details and 'Continue'
- 'Summary' screen will open, review details, tick declaration and ‘Submit
- enter password and select 'Sign and Submit'.
A notice number will issue if file uploaded successfully, otherwise an error message will appear with instructions.