Access the Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) calculator
The VRT calculator service allows you to estimate the VRT due on a car, small commercial vehicle or motorcycle. The service can also be used to estimate any repayment of VRT that may be due when you export a car.
Please note that this calculator cannot be used for:
- models that have not been presented previously for valuation
- models that require special research to value. These include motor caravans, classic and collectable vehicles and certain prestige marques
- large commercial vehicles, agricultural tractors, coaches and other large vehicles as these are generally liable to a fixed VRT charge
- Value-Added Tax (VAT) on new means of transport. For VAT purposes, most motor vehicles are a new means of transport when a vehicle is less than 6 months old OR has travelled less than 6,000km.
What you need to use the service
To use this service, you will need a statistical code, or all of the following:
- EU classification.
- Vehicle make.
- Vehicle model.
- Transmission type.
- Number of doors.
- Engine type.
- Body type.
- Engine capacity.
- Year and month of first registration in any jurisdiction.
- CO2 emissions
How to access the service
You can use the following link to access the VRT calculator.
Any calculation does not cover the NOx charge.