Apply for a diesel rebate
What is the diesel rebate service?
This is an online service that allows you to apply for a diesel rebate under the Diesel Rebate Scheme (DRS).
Who is the diesel rebate service for?
This service is for licensed road haulage and passenger transport operators in Ireland and other EU Member States.
What you need to apply for a diesel rebate
You will need the following information to apply for a diesel rebate:
- your transport operator’s licence number
- your transport manager's Certificate of Professional Competence number
- your Tax Clearance Certificate (Ireland) or a statement from your tax authority that you are tax compliant (EU Member State).
You will need the following information for each vehicle:
- vehicle registration number
- odometer reading at the beginning of the repayment period
- odometer reading at the end of the repayment period
- quantity of diesel purchased by way of the fuel card used in the individual vehicle
- quantity of diesel purchased by way of bulk supply and used in the individual vehicle.
You will need the following information for each fuel card:
- the fuel card number
- the total volume of auto diesel purchased in Ireland
- the total volume of auto diesel in respect of which a claim is being made.
How to access the diesel rebate service
If you have registered to use the Revenue Online Service (ROS):
- click on the 'My Services' section from the ROS main menu
- click on the ‘File a return’ section
- select the return type of ‘Diesel Rebate’ and 'Diesel Rebate Claim’.