Register for an Economic Operators' Registration and Identification (EORI) number
What is the EORI online registration service?
This is a service that enables you to register for an EORI number online. This number can then be used by you in your interactions with customs authorities in any EU Member State.
Who is the service for?
The service is for traders who interact with customs authorities in Ireland or the EU. The EORI number is valid throughout the EU and serves as a common reference for interactions with the customs authorities of any Member State.
What you need to use the service
You will need the following information to use the service:
- Revenue Online Service (ROS) login details and a valid ROS digital certificate
- a registration for customs and excise in ROS.
How to access the service
If you are accessing this service through myAccount, a request for an EORI registration should be made through MyEnquiries in myAccount.
If you are accessing this service through ROS, you must firstly register for customs and excise by following these steps:
- click on 'Manage Tax Registrations'
- under 'Registration Options' click on 'Register' beside Customs and Excise
- enter all the details on the eRegistration form
- there will also be a check box option to declare if 'importing/exporting goods to/from the EU'. If this option is not selected then click 'Add To Your Requests'
- under the 'Requests' section click on 'Submit'
- you will now be registered for customs and excise.
Once you have successfully completed your registration for customs and excise, you will be eligible to apply for an EORI number through the same process outlined above.