Register for an Economic Operators' Registration and Identification (EORI) number
The EORI online registration service allows you to register for an EORI number online. You can then use this number when you interact with customs authorities in any EU Member State.
Who is the service for?
If you trade with a non-European Union (EU) country, you will need a unique Economic Operators Registration and Identification (EORI) number.
What you need to use the service
To use the service, you will need:
- Revenue Online Service (ROS) login details and a valid ROS digital certificate
- a registration for customs and excise in ROS.
How to access the service
If you are accessing this service through myAccount, you should make a request for an EORI registration through MyEnquiries.
If you are accessing this service through ROS, you must register for customs and excise. You can register using the following steps:
- Click on 'Manage Tax Registrations'.
- Under 'Registration Options' click on 'Register' beside Customs and Excise.
- Enter all the details on the eRegistration form.
- There will be a check box option to declare if you are 'importing/exporting goods to/from the EU'. If this option is not selected, click 'Add To Your Requests'.
- Under the 'Requests' section, click on 'Submit'.
- You will now be registered for customs and excise.
Once you have successfully completed this registration, you can then apply for an EORI number through the same process outlined above.