Set up a monthly Direct Debit Instruction (DDI)
The DDI service allows Revenue Online Service (ROS) customers to register to make payments to Revenue by monthly direct debit for current taxes.
Who is the DDI service for?
You can use this service if you are registered for Revenue Online Services (ROS), and are:
- An employer who opts to pay Employers' Income Tax by monthly direct debit. Employers can choose to avail of either the Fixed Direct Debit or Variable Direct Debit facility.
- A business who opts to pay Value-Added Tax (VAT) by monthly direct debit.
- Registered for preliminary Income Tax and opts to pay by monthly direct debit.
You can submit an application to pay your VAT or Employer's Income Tax by Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) direct debit facility, if you have:
- bi-monthly VAT liabilities up to €50,000
- monthly PAYE, PRSI, USC or LPT liabilities up to €25,000 – this threshold does not apply for the Variable Direct Debit facility.
You can set up a Local Property Tax (LPT) direct debit for your property by accessing LPT online. To do this, you will need a Property ID and PIN for your property.
You can also manage your LPT direct debits through myAccount. You will not need the Property ID and PIN to do this.
What you need to use the DDI service
To use the service, you will need:
- the name and address of the account holder
- the International Bank Account Numbers (IBAN) and Bank Identifier Codes (BIC) of the SEPA compliant bank account
- the account number of the SEPA compliant credit union account
- the name and address of the financial institution
- a contact telephone number.
How to access the DDI service
This service is available through ROS by following these steps:
- Click on the 'My Services' section from the ROS main menu.
- Under the ‘Payment Details’ section, click the ‘Manage Bank Accounts’ button.
- Under ‘SEPA Direct Debit Instructions’ select the ‘Manage Direct Debits’ button.
- Select the tax you wish to set up the direct debit for, and click ‘Create’.