Verify a consignment release
What is the Consignment Release Verification (CRV) service?
This is a service that offers a simple and secure way of checking online that goods have been cleared by customs, facilitating their release.
The CRV service will provide you with one of the following responses:
- goods are discharged (including date of discharge)
- goods are not discharged
- the customs declaration number is not on file.
Who is the service for?
This service is for compound operators who wish to validate clearance documents.
What you need to use the service
To access the CRV service you will need:
- your ROS login details and a valid ROS digital certificate
- the customs declaration number of the consignment.
How to access the service
If you are registered for the Revenue Online Service (ROS), this service is available by following these steps:
- download the offline CRV application and save it to your computer desktop
- once the application is installed you can log in to ROS using your digital certificate
- enter the customs declaration number of the consignment you wish to verify
- wait for the service to respond to tell you if you can release the consignment to your premises.