Apply for tax clearance online using eTax Clearance (eTC)
The eTC service allows you to apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate online. A Tax Clearance Certificate is confirmation from Revenue that your tax affairs are in order at the date of issue.
What you need to use the service
Before you apply for tax clearance, you must ensure that all of your tax affairs are fully up to date. The tax affairs of any parties connected to you also need to be in order. To complete your application, you will need the Tax Reference Number or property ID of your relevant connected parties.
Information specific to SPSV drivers and employers:
SPSV drivers who are self-employed should select:
- ‘Licence’ as the reason for the application
- ‘Small Public Service Vehicle (SPSV) licence holder (Self-employed or business)’ as the type of licence.
SPSV drivers who are an employee should:
- select ‘Small Public Service Vehicle (SPSV) driver licence holder (Employee)’ as the reason for the application
- supply their employer’s Tax Reference Number.
How to access the eTC service
If you are registered for myAccount, click 'Tax Clearance' on the 'Manage My Record' card.
If you are a registered for the Revenue Online Service (ROS), this service is available by clicking on either:
- the 'Manage Tax Clearance' tab, under the 'My Services' section on your ROS home screen
- your current tax clearance status outlined on the top right of your ROS home screen.
How do I prove that I hold a Tax Clearance Certificate?
When we issue your Tax Clearance Certificate, we will also give you a Tax Clearance Access Number (TCAN). You can give this access number, along with your Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) or Tax Reference Number, to anyone who needs to verify your Tax Clearance Certificate.
You can print the result screen using the print button on the screen. The result is also sent to your ROS or MyEnquiries inbox. You can view, print or save the certificate by selecting ‘Manage Tax Clearance’ from the services in ROS or myAccount.