Changing your personal details

Updating your bank details

If you have recently changed banking provider, you may need to update your bank account details for tax payments, tax refunds or Local Property Tax (LPT). You can do this through myAccount or Revenue Online Service (ROS) or LPT Online.

To update your bank account details, you will need:

  • the name and address of the financial institution where you hold your new account
  • the account holder name, or names, of the new account
  • the International Bank Account Number (IBAN)
  • and
  • the Bank Identifier Code (BIC).

You can find your IBAN and BIC on your bank account statement or on your online banking service.

If you have an active Phased Payment Arrangement (PPA) you must also change the bank details within the PPA. For more information please see PPA consolidation and amendments.


To update your bank account used for PAYE tax refunds in myAccount:

  • Sign in to myAccount.
  • Select 'My Profile'.
  • Select 'My Details'. Your current bank account details will be displayed.
  • Click on 'Edit' to amend these details.


To update your bank details in ROS: 

  • Sign in to ROS.
  • On the ‘My Services’ page, click on ‘Manage Bank Accounts’.
  • Follow the steps provided to update your bank account details.

This will update your bank account details for ROS Debit Instructions, Direct Debit Instructions (both fixed and variable) and refunds.

You can also update bank details for multiple tax heads:

  • at the same time
  • and
  • elect to use the same bank details to receive refunds or repayments. 

Local Property Tax (LPT)

You can update your bank account details, manage your payments or change your payment method through the LPT online system. The easiest way to pay your LPT charge is online. You can choose from a wide range of secure payment options. You will need a Property ID, Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) and PIN to access your account on the LPT Online Service. For more information please see Changing your bank details for LPT.

Useful information

The following links contain guidance on how to move bank accounts, including a tool to compare the different accounts that are available:

Change of address

If you need to update your address, you can do this through myAccount by:

  • Signing into myAccount.
  • Clicking on ‘My Profile’ and then ‘My Details’.
  • Selecting 'Edit' in ‘Contact details’.

Personal information changes

The Department of Social Protection (DSP) is responsible for managing the PPSN of every individual, including name changes and gender recognition. For more information on this, please see the DSP’s website regarding:

Revenue will only amend your tax record with regard to your name or gender when the DSP have updated their PPSN records.

Stay safe and secure online

Revenue will never send emails or text messages which require customers to send personal information via email or pop-up windows.

Your ROS and MyAccount password allows access to your records. Please keep your sign in details and password secure, and do not disclose them to anyone.