MyEnquiries is a secure online service that allows you to send, receive and track correspondence to and from Revenue.
Who can use the service?
To use the service, you must be registered for myAccount or Revenue Online Service (ROS).
How to access the service
Pay As You Earn (PAYE) customers can access the service through myAccount by:
- clicking 'My Enquiries' on the top right-hand corner of the screen
- clicking 'My Enquiries' under the 'Manage My Record' card
Business customers who have a ROS digital certificate can access the service through ROS using the 'My Services' tab under 'Other Services'.
Agents must access MyEnquiries through ROS if they wish to enquire about a client's tax affairs. The options available to agents can be accessed by clicking the 'Agent Services' tab, under 'Other Services' on ROS.
Foreign-based agents who have a Tax Advisor Identity Number (TAIN), but not an Irish Tax Reference Number (TRN), can register for ROS using their TAIN.
How to send an enquiry
- Sign in to myAccount or ROS.
- Click 'My Enquiries'.
- Select 'Add New Enquiry'.
- ROS users need to select a category from the dropdown menus:
- 'Enquiry relates to'
- 'More specifically'
- Enter your query in the 'Enquiry details' box.
- Confirm your email address.
- Click 'Submit enquiry' to complete the process.
Tracking your correspondence
You can track the progress of your enquiry by viewing the 'Status' column on the 'Enquiries Record' screen, through myAccount or ROS.
The tracking system allows you to:
- view the current status of an enquiry you have submitted via MyEnquiries
- see the current division in which your enquiry is being dealt with.
Tracking system status
The enquiry has been received by Revenue and will be routed into a queue to be processed.
The enquiry is currently in a queue to be processed.
The enquiry has been completed by Revenue.
Awaiting Customer Feedback
Revenue has requested something from the customer and is waiting on a reply. This appears as 'Awaiting Feedback' in MyEnquiries
Indicates the message was sent from Revenue.
You can also view where your enquiry will be processed. This information can be accessed by clicking on the enquiry you wish to view.
MyEnquiries data retention policy
Your items will be available for up to ten years from the date of its completion.
- Your items will no longer be visible to you within the MyEnquiries system six years after the date of completion.
- You will be able to retrieve an item for a further four years by requesting the record from Revenue. After four years this will no longer be possible.
Should you require items for longer than the ten year retention period, please use the functions within MyEnquiries to save them electronically as a PDF. You can then print and add them to your paper files.