Add a job or a pension
The Jobs and Pensions service allows you to register your new job or private pension with Revenue.
When you register your job or pension, Revenue will send a Tax Credit Certificate (TCC) to you. A Revenue Payroll Notification (RPN) will also be available to your new employer or pension provider. This will ensure that the correct amount of tax is deducted from your job or private pension.
Who is the service for?
You must use the Jobs and Pensions service to register your first job in Ireland.
You can also use the Jobs and Pensions service to:
What you need to use the service
To add a job or pension in the Jobs and Pensions service, you will need:
- your new employer's, or pension provider's, tax registration number
- the start date of your new job or pension
- the frequency of your salary or wage payment or pension.
If you receive any of the following DEASP payments, you will also need to provide the weekly amount. These payments include:
- Blind Pension
- Carer's Allowance or Carer's Benefit
- Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner's Pension (non-contributory).
If you receive any of the following DEASP payments, you will need to contact us and provide the weekly amount:
- Death Benefit Pension
- Deserted Wife's Allowance
- Deserted Wife's Benefit
- Disablement Benefit
- Short Term Enterprise Allowance
- State Pension Transition
Please also have your pension tracing number available.
How to access the service
You can access the service through myAccount, by clicking on the 'Jobs and Pensions' card, or by:
- selecting 'Update Job or Pension' on the 'PAYE Services' card
- clicking on 'Start'
- clicking on 'Add job' or 'Add pension'
- clicking on 'Cease job or pension'
- following the on-screen instructions.
You can access the service through the Revenue Online Service (ROS), by following these steps:
- Click on the 'Jobs and Pensions' tab on the 'Other Services' section of ROS main menu.
- Click on 'Start'.
- Click on 'Add job' or 'Add pension'
- Click on ‘Cease job or pension’
- Follow the on-screen instructions.