Add a job or a pension
The Jobs and Pensions service allows you to register your new job or private pension with Revenue.
When you register your job or pension, Revenue will send a Tax Credit Certificate (TCC) to you and your new employer or pension provider. This will ensure that the correct amount of tax is deducted from your job or private pension.
Who is the service for?
You can use the Jobs and Pensions service if you are:
- starting your first ever job in the current year
- starting your first job in Ireland in the current year
- changing jobs and have ceased your previous job on Revenue records
- starting to receive payments from a private pension (not a Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) pension)
- starting a second or subsequent job or pension in addition to your main job or pension.
What you need to use the service
To add a job or pension in the Jobs and Pensions service, you will need:
- your new employer’s, or pension provider’s, tax registration number
- the start date of your new job or pension
- the frequency of your salary or wage payment or pension.
If you receive DEASP payments, you will also need to provide the weekly amount. These payments include:
- Blind Pension
- Carer’s Allowance or Carer’s Benefit
- Widow's, Widower's or Surviving Civil Partner's Pension (non-contributory).
Please also have your staff or pension number available, if one has been allocated by your employer or pension provider. This may also be called a personnel, works or payroll number.
How to access the service
You can access the service through myAccount, by clicking on the 'Jobs and Pensions' card, or by:
- selecting 'Add Job or Pension' on the 'PAYE Services' card
- clicking on 'Start'
- clicking on 'Add job' or 'Add pension'
- following the on-screen instructions.
You can access the service through the Revenue Online Service (ROS), by following these steps:
- Click on the 'Jobs and Pensions' tab on the 'Other Services' section of ROS main menu.
- Click on 'Start'.
- Click on 'Add job' or 'Add pension'.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.