Ways to make an online payment
There are a number of online methods available to you to make a payment to Revenue. We accept:
- ROS Debit instruction (RDI). If you are registered for Revenue Online Service (ROS), you can set up an RDI. You will only need to do this once and it will allow you to submit a payment immediately. You will decide the amount of the payment and when the payment is made.
- Single Debit Instructions (SDI). This allows you to make once-off payments directly from your bank account. Please check beforehand that your account is capable of accepting a direct debit.
- SEPA Debit Instruction. You can choose to make monthly payments to Revenue for current taxes.
- Credit card. Payments using your credit card are limited to the card providers VISA and MasterCard.
- Debit card. Currently Revenue absorbs the charge for using your debit card. This may change in the future.
What types of payments can be made online?
You can use our online payment methods to make a payment for:
- a penalty
- an attachment
- an audit
- Foreign Income and Assets Disclosure.
Please ensure that you are registered for the tax type that you wish to pay.
What you need to use the service
To use the service, you will need:
- a registration with ROS or myAccount
- your chosen online payment method
- details of the tax type
- the amount of payment that you would like to make.
How to access the service
You can access this service through myAccount by clicking 'Make a Payment' on the 'Payments/Repayments' card on your myAccount dashboard.
You can access this service through ROS, by following these steps:
- Click on the 'myServices' section from the ROS main menu.
- In the ‘Payments & Refunds’ section, select the payment type that you wish to make a payment for.
- Select the tax type that is relevant to the payment type you have chosen.
- Click on ‘Make Payment’.
- Click on ‘Pay’ for the tax period that you wish to pay.