Ways to make an online payment
What are the online payment methods available?
We accept the following methods of payment from you:
- ROS Debit instruction (RDI): If you are registered for Revenue Online Service (ROS), you can set up an RDI. You will only need to do this once and it will allow you to submit a payment immediately. The amount of the payment and when the payment is made will be determined solely by you
- Single Debit Instructions (SDI): This allows you to make once-off payments directly from your bank account. Please check beforehand that your account is capable of accepting a direct debit
- SEPA Debit Instruction: You can choose to make monthly payments to Revenue for current taxes.
- Credit card: Payments using your credit card are limited to card providers VISA and MasterCard. If you choose this payment option, you must pay a transaction charge of 1.1% of the value of the payment. This charge is purely related to third party fees incurred by Revenue in the provision of the service.
- Debit card: Currently Revenue absorbs the charge for using your debit card, however, this may change in the future. Please ensure you are using a debit card and not a credit card, to avoid any unnecessary charges
What types of payments can be made online?
Our online payment methods allow you to make a payment for the following payment types:
- Foreign Income and Assets Disclosure.
Please ensure that you are registered for the tax type that you wish to make the payment for.
What you need to use the service
You will need to have the following details:
- a registration with ROS or myAccount
- your chosen online payment method
- details of the tax type and the amount of payment that you would like to make.
How to access the service
If you are accessing this service via myAccount:
- click 'Make a Payment' on the 'Payments/Repayments' card on your myAccount dashboard.
If you are accessing this service via ROS:
- click on the 'myServices' section from the ROS main menu
- in the ‘Payments & Refunds’ section, select the payment type that you wish to make a payment for
- select the tax type that is relevant to the payment type you have chosen
- Click on ‘Make Payment’
- Click on ‘Pay’ against the tax period that you wish to make the payment for.