Accessing your Local Property Tax (LPT)
The LPT online service allows you to file and pay your LPT liability online. It also allows you to manage any arrears of Household Charge (HHC).
Who is the service for?
This service is suitable for you, if you:
- own a residential property in Ireland
- are an agent or individual acting on behalf of the owner of a property in Ireland.
What you need to use this service
To use this service, you will need:
- the Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) or Tax Reference Number (TRN) of the person who owes LPT or HHC
- the unique Property ID
- the secure PIN.
How to request a Property ID and PIN for an existing property
You can access this service through LPT online, by following these steps:
- Enter the liable person’s PPSN or tax reference number.
- In the ‘Request a Property ID and PIN’ section, click the ‘click here’ button.
- Enter the CAPTCHA on the next screen and click ‘Submit’.
Revenue will then post the property ID and the PIN to the property owner. You will need to use these numbers with the PPSN or Tax Reference Number to access the LPT online service.