Notification of changes to this statement
Revenue reserves the right to amend this statement at any future date and will post any substantive changes here.
09 March 2023
23 February 2021
24 October 2020
15 September 2020
29 May 2020
- Usage of Google Analytics section renamed and updated to reflect that Revenue now uses Google reCAPTCHA as part of the myAccount login and password reset process.
7 May 2020
- Collection of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses section updated to reflect that Revenue does not link technical details collected, in connection with visits to revenue.ie, with your tax data, except in cases of potential fraud or other criminal investigations.
17 January 2019
25 May 2018
- General Statement updated to reflect the updates to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as imposed by Council Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- Usage of Google Analytics updated to reflect the removal of the reference to IP addresses as these are now anonymised.
03 May 2017
01 May 2017
- Revenue’s privacy policies for our website including Revenue Online Service (ROS) and PAYE Anytime, LPT and myAccount were consolidated. This consolidation involved minor changes to the wording and also included the following changes:
- a clear statement that information provided voluntarily will be used for Revenue purposes
- the removal of a paragraph relating to providing a way to correct, update or remove personal data from Revenue’s records (personal data cannot be removed from Revenue’s records)
- the removal of a reference to prohibition of copying, reproducing and suchlike of this document.
20 February 2017
- The 'Collection of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses' section was replaced with an expanded 'Collection and use of technical information' section which includes more detail.
- A reference to myAccount online service was added.
29 June 2013 (ROS and PAYE Anytime, website and LPT privacy policies)
- The 'Collection of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses' section was edited to remove the statement that IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. This is to facilitate anti-fraud measures.
- A reference to the LPT online service was added.
- Some duplicate content was removed.
- The 'Links' section was edited to clarify applicability to www.revenue.ie only.
- The 'Phishing' section was moved to a separate security page.