How to register
As a business
- Revenue Online Service (ROS) users
- Agents: Log into your ROS account and select the option under the ‘Manage Tax Registrations’ tab.
- ROS users: Register additional taxheads by logging into ROS and clicking on ‘Manage Tax Registrations’. Then select the relevant tax under the ‘My Services’ tab.
- myAccount Users: Register online by logging into myAccount and selecting ‘Tax Registrations’ from the Manage My Record card.
For Income Tax (as a Pay As You Earn (PAYE) employee)
- In myAccount, in 'Manage My Record', select 'Tax Registrations'.
Further registration information
- Business address: this is the address where the activities of the business are being conducted. An agent’s address is not sufficient as a business address. In addition, care-of addresses (c/o) are not acceptable.
- Official address: for a company, the official address used must correspond to the Companies Registration Office (CRO) records.
Directors – NACE code 9806 should be used where either PAYE or directorship is the only source of income. For all other types, the NACE code should indicate the main source of self-employed income.
Confirmation of application
Once an application has been signed and submitted, an electronic notice will be issued immediately confirming the application was received. Confirmation of the registration status normally updates to the ROS profile within 3 days.