Childcare services

If you provide childminding services in your own home, you may claim childcare services relief each year.

In order to qualify you must:

  • not receive more than €15,000 income per annum
  • provide the service in your own home
  • not mind more than three children at any one time
  • be self employed
  • show you have notified the Health Services Executive (HSE) that you have, will be, or are providing childcare services
  • include the childcare service income in your Form 11, where you claim the relief.

If another person provides childcare services with you in your home, the €15,000 income limit is divided between you.

You must claim the relief on or before your tax return due date of 31 October.