Lump sum payments

Compensation for a change in working practices

You may be entitled to a lump sum payment from your employer as compensation for changing duties. Examples of these changes are:

  • where working practices change due to the introduction of new technology
  • where there is a move of your workplace from one location to another.

These payments are included as pay and are taxed in the normal way.

Next: Other tax-exempt termination payments