HRI for contractors

What type of property qualifies under HRI?

To qualify for the HRI scheme, the person must own the property that you are repairing or renovating. The property must be either:

  • the homeowner's main home in which they live
  • the homeowner's second home which will become their main home after you complete the work
  • or
  • a rental property.

The homeowner or landlord must be registered with Revenue as the owner or joint owner of the property.

Properties that do not qualify

Properties such as holiday homes or new builds do not qualify for the HRI scheme.

Next: When does the work have to be carried out?