LPT – What to do in 2020
Filing and payment deadlines
If you paid your 2019 Local Property Tax (LPT) using a one-off payment, and you want to pay your 2020 LPT by phased payment, you must submit your payment method by 25 November 2019.
No matter how you paid your 2019 LPT, you can select a different payment method for 2020. You can choose to pay in full in a single payment or spread your payments over 2020. You must notify Revenue of the change in payment method by 25 November 2019 through LPT online or via the LPT Helpdesk.
The date for paying your 2020 LPT depends on the payment method you select:
- 10 January 2020: Latest date for paying in full by cash, cheque, credit card or debit card.
- January 2020: Phased payments by deduction at source and regular cash. Payments through a payment service provider commence in January.
- 15 January 2020: Monthly direct debit payments commence in January and continue on 15th each month.
- 21 March 2020: Original deduction date for Annual or Single Debit Instructions.
- The date of deduction of Annual Debits, usually deducted on 21 March, has now been further extended to 21 July 2020. This decision is in line with the measures announced by Revenue due to Covid-19.
Next: How much is due for 2020?