Business Resumption Support Scheme (BRSS)
To qualify for the BRSS, you must be able to demonstrate that the:
- turnover of your business, in the period 1 September 2020 to 31 August 2021, will be no more than 25% of the reference turnover amount
- reference turnover amount will be an extrapolation of the Average Weekly Turnover (AWT) of the business for a defined period of time (that is, AWT multiplied by 52).
The period of time used to establish the reference turnover amount will vary depending on when your business was established.
For the calculation of the AWT, the reference turnover amount period for businesses established:
- before 26 December 2019 is from 1 January (or when the business commenced) to 31 December 2019
- between 26 December 2019 and 9 March 2020, is from 26 December 2019 (or when the business commenced) to 15 March 2020
- between 10 March 2020 and 26 August 2020, is from 10 March 2020 (or when the business commenced) to 31 August 2020.
You must also be able to demonstrate that your business:
- has complied with obligations in relation to registering and accounting for Value-Added Tax (VAT)
- is actively trading and intends to continue to do so
- is not eligible to make a claim for the COVID Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS) for any week that includes 1 September 2021.