Revenue eBrief No. 154/18
31 July 2018
Mandatory use of Detailed Profit and Loss taxonomy
From 1 August 2018, Revenue has mandated the use of the updated Detailed Profit and Loss taxonomy in all iXBRL submissions with accounting periods ending on or after 1 January 2015, as was set out in eBrief 80/18.
It should be noted that the IE GAAP and IE IFRS taxonomies may now only be used where the accounting period ended on or before 31 December 2014.
Tax and Duty Manual Part 41A-03-01 has been updated to reflect these changes.
Summary of changes:
- Part 1.8 – table of accepted taxonomies has been updated;
- Part 2.1 – footnote has been expanded to summarise content of eBrief 37/15;
- Part 2.1.1 – title of section changed to “Concessional arrangements for iXBRL filing”;
- Part 3.1.4 – title of Part changed to “Submission of draft financial statements in iXBRL format”;
- Part 4.2 has been re-arranged to reflect change to integrity checks
- Part 5 – “Income Tax” has been re-titled “iXBRL and sole traders”
- Appendix II deleted